Restaurant Marketing Report - 7 Secrets To A Full Restaurant
Simple ideas and strategies to put "bums on seats" and fill your restaurant or cafe with paying customers.
We help Restaurant and Cafe Owners to magnetically attract more customers, increase the average customer spend and to put more money in your bank account.
Not getting the results you want? Reserve your Rapid Results, Business Growth, Breakthrough Session HERE
Monday, 19 May 2014
Thursday, 24 April 2014
Her small café was located in amongst a small group of shops, with nice outdoor tables in a covered area, creating shade from the sun and protection from the rain. Her business has the benefit of both local trade and the bulk I suspect from seasonal holiday makers, like us, who just wanted to sit down, enjoy a coffee and read the paper or catch up with friends. Weekends, would be peak trade.
We had been coming here for the last 4 years for our short one week, off season break. This time it was a couple of weeks before Easter, and the town seemed to be filled with retired “baby boomers”, and a few young families with kids on holiday.
What are the simple, low cost things I would do to boost sales and repeat business-
1. Have a selection of daily newspapers on hand for customers to read. Make a deal with the local news agent. Once your customers know you have daily papers available to read they return.
2. Offer free WIFI access. Talk to your local Telco. You can limited access time and create download limits. When travelling and away from home WIFI access is a big attractor to many.
3. Create great external signage, that gets the attention of passing traffic. Also, being in the country, you could put a number of signs, strategically placed on the highway to attract customers to your café. Create specific reasons for customers to visit, other than best coffee, best service as all your competitors also say that.
4. Create “4 Walls Signage” that focuses on making “impulse” or “easy to buy” sales. Don’t put your entire menu on a blackboard at the back of your restaurant, in poor light, which is hard to read. It may suit you, but you are not your customer. Customers, like time to consider their options. The simple goal is doing whatever it takes to make it easy for the customer to buy. Lead with price leaders, not, for example the most expensive breakfast option on the menu. Highlight the daily special.
5. Create easy to read, laminated menus for your everyday offering. You can always add a fresh printed sheet for your daily specials. You can strategically highlight by boxing, or shading on your menu, one or two items encourage customer purchases in a certain direction. Limit this to higher margin items.
6. Create value packages. The goal is to increase the average ticket size. So make it easy for a customer to buy, by creating an incentive for them to purchase more.
8. Focus on selling, up selling and additional orders. The key here is to help customers to buy. If they ask for a cappuccino, ask them if that is a large one today? A lot of the time they will say yes, and you have increased the sale size. Talk about the freshly baked scones, or muffins and encourage them to buy. Take time to visit your tables and ask customers if they would like another coffee, or want to try your special dessert. Just by asking you will increase your sales. Use the opportunity, to build connections; to chat and learn more about what your customers are looking for. Don’t assume they know what you have to offer. Encourage the coffee customers to come for breakfast or lunch. Be continually planting seeds.
9. Make sure you have the product the customer wants to buy, or they know you will make it for them. Have jars of melting moments, chocolate chip, and peanut brownies, and other old favorites available for the quick and easy impulse buy. Baby Boomers and self funded retirees, are generally not afraid to open their wallets, but often only want simple fare, like sandwiches, wraps and salads. When on holiday, they love to eat out for breakfast and love simple value options. So give them what they value.
Need help marketing your cafe or restaurant? Want better results? Want more "bums" on seats? Reserve your personal "Rapid Results, Business Growth Breakthrough Session" HERE.
Read what others have said about Alistair HERE