Without one you will be losing more and more business as time goes on.
I have just read some of the latest statistics from the States and
- 68% of American's now own a mobile device. In Australia I know it is over 50% and trending up rapidly. In my brief research one small Google study indicated Australian smart phone use is higher than in the States
- 37% of smart phone users contacted a friend about a purchase on their phone... That is like a recommendation. For your restaurant that is pretty important
- 35% accessed the internet to check prices and availability
- 80% used their smart phone to access retailer web sites
- 61% only look at the first page of their search results when on a mobile phone
- 35% make a purchase on their phone... Important if you are a Pizza or other fast food operator
- 32% change their mind about purchasing a product or service as a result of researching on their smart phone
- An incredible 95% used a smart phone prior, to dining out
- 70% used their smart phone at dinner...
abit sad really but of these 19% updated their status on Facebook and 24% to take pictures of their entrées
- 85% trusted reviews from fellow diners more than reviews from professionals and other food sites...
thelesson from this is you need to make it easy for your happy diners to post reviews (I will touch on this in an upcoming webinar "How to boost restaurant profits by 135%!")