In my last post I showed you how using a carefully crafted business card with a strong offer, and call to action used in conjunction with the Restaurant Sales Builder System will generate an ongoing stream of cash. This simple little activity is just waiting for smart restaurant owners to pick up and turn into cash.
Here is a list of 7 ways you can use these cards to generate more business ...
- Start a local visit program in your local area - yes get out of your restaurant and go down the street and start visiting local businesses, offices and retailers and start introducing yourself. Make a point of leaving your card with an invitation to visit
- Attend local Chamber of Commerce Meetings, Networking meetings; create an opportunity to visit local service club meetings; better join a local service club like Rotary or Lions and get involved in the community
- Get involved with your local school, sports clubs or charity - all will offer opportunities for you to meet people and give out your newly designed business card
- Every time you give out your card give out two cards and ask your new friend to pass the extra card to someone else. Make sure you always invite them to visit and point out the offer on the card. They will appreciate it and be more likely to give the second card away
- Give 10 cards to every staff member and ask them to give them away to their friends and people they meet. They should also hand out 2 cards each time. Get them to put their name on each card so you can track what is happening. Make them all, including the chef and the dish washer all members of your marketing team. When they have given them all away give them another 10 cards to start again. You could set up an incentive program so that say when 5 business cards were presented you gave them say a couple of movie tickets or other reward.
- Get cards printed with staff members names - particularly your permanent senior staff. Watch how this lifts moral and how many cards now go out the door!
- Give a couple of cards to every happy customer and ask them to give them away to their friends.